WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool, which runs on a web hosting service. It is used to implement responsive themes, to make WordPress sites optimized for mobile devices.
This book will teach you how to design and develop your very own responsive WordPress theme and also submit your theme to the WordPress.org repository. The book starts with an introduction to the Responsive Web Design concepts and techniques. Then, it explains how to set up a local WordPress environment and also helps you understand the structure of the WordPress theme. Finally, we learn to create responsive comments in WordPress and also have a look at static pages and index templates. By the end of this book, you will have a better understanding of responsive theme development in WordPress and a WordPress Codex.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a proper local environment for the theme development on both Windows and Mac, while following the WordPress Codex
- Create the WordPress menu and make it responsive
- Customize post templates to match the theme design and functionality of the theme
- Understand the overall template architecture and the purpose of the template files
- Create, style, and make the widgets responsive
- Work with comments, images, and index templates
- Create, style, and customize templates for static pages
- Discover where to find guidelines, how to test the theme, and how to properly submit the theme to WordPress.org
- Learn more about WordPress template hierarchy and archive pages
You can purchase the book here: WordPress Responsive Theme Design Essentials!