I was a technical reviewer of the book Learning Yeoman.
- Build a web application using Yeoman and the scaffolding tool Yo to save time and therefore money!
- Learn how to use and customize Yeoman generators such as Angular and Backbone to streamline project development.
- Create custom tasks using Yeoman, the Grunt API that runs in a NodeJS environment and use NPM for installing, updating and searching for over a 1000 custom tasks.
- Rediscover your workflow with the power of Yo, Bower, and Grunt
- Use Yo, the scaffold tool, to create parts of your app from boilerplate templates
- Use Bower, the package tool, to search, install, and update your client-side dependencies
- Use Grunt, the build tool, to automate repetitive tasks by linting, previewing, and testing
- Use the Grunt API to create custom tasks that can be shared between projects
- Create custom libraries using community best practice templates that are published to Bower and npm
- Utilize the Yeoman API to create testable custom generators that run in the Node.js environment
We will explore the options and subgenerators available with the four most popular office generators, AngularJS Backbone.js, Ember.js, and webapp. You’ll learn how to use these tools in web application development and create or integrate this streamlined workflow into new or existing projects. We will then explore the AngularJS framework and learn how to use the Yeoman Angular generator to create an AngularJS web application.
Next, we move on to learning about the concepts of the Backbone.js and Ember.js libraries and how it fits into application development and why it’s useful for you. By the end of the book, you will have a good understanding of the available Yeoman resources and how to troubleshoot issues that might occur when using the Yeoman workflow tools and ecosystem.
You can purchase the book here: Learning Yeoman!